Powered by Blogger.

7/30/14

Parkour Progression - P1

This is an attempt to keep track of my progress in Parkour. I have been practicing on and off for four months now.

When you begin, it's all about getting fitter - getting stronger muscles, improving balance, strengthening grips and all. I guess that's the hardest part - even harder than conquering the fear of doing a new move.

I am a fairly fit guy, and I am trying to take my fitness to the next level. I will keep recording my progress with parkour in this series of blogs titles 'Parkour Progression'.

Current level:

Pull-ups:
            10 reps X 3 sets
Hand-stand (against wall):
            3 sets X 2 mins
            2 sets X 90 secs
Precision Jump:
            8 feet (~240 cms)
Moves learnt:
            Kong vault, speed vault
Moves learning:
            Palm Spin (almost there), Side-vault, Muscle-up
Push-ups:
            Haven't done any push-ups in the last three months but three months ago I could do 60 proper push-ups without taking a break and without breaking the flow of breathing. In short, 60 push-ups in 60 breaths. More than a year ago I could do 50 diamond push-ups. That's when my elbow got injured.
Running:
            4000m in ~15:30 (PB is 15 mins 20 secs)

Limitations:

  • Elbow pain while trying one-hand push-ups
  • Chronic back pain while trying to do a bridge. I don't/can't do anything that involves bending backwards. I can bounce up and do a forward hand-spring comfortably though.
Next update in about a month (or sooner).

0 comments: